She’s the best friend you’ll never regret having and she has always been there for you, literally, through ups and downs. So how are you going to make her feel extra special on her birthday or any other holiday? We’ve come up with some hilariously unique gift ideas for Mom which will surely give you extra goody points on her list.
1. Is your Mom fond of cosmetics? Raid the internet for some cool homemade cosmetic recipes and make them yourself! Use your mom’s stash of fruits, herbs or spices in her cupboard, her own food processor and even her own empty mini jars and bottles. Then think of a unique name like “The Mummy Moisturizer” for lotions or creams; a homemade lipstick may be called “Mama Pouts at Home”. She’ll be delighted and amazed with the personal gift; just make sure to clean up and wash everything afterwards though.
2. Is your Mom fond of pictures? Go through her albums and make a collage of all the wacky shots she has. Start with the time she was born up until this moment and make unique captions like the “Baby of the Family” for her baby picture; “Raving Goddess” for her prom picture and so on. She’ll have a grand time remembering all the fun times she had, and will definitely look forward to having more with you!
3. Is your Mom fond of movies? Make your own movie by asking all your family members to participate. You can each have a part, but the most important is to find one who can completely mimic your mom. Choose certain events like how your mom reacts when she finds a month old sock under your pillows, then tell her how much you value her presence in your family. She’ll be laughing and crying at the same time, then you’ll know you’ve hit the right spot.
4. Is your Mom the sociable type? Invite all her friends and set a sleepover party for her and all of her friends. Fill a bucket full of loud, colorful nail polish, lotions and foot soaks, buy them mini bottles of sparkling wine, or if she’s more daring, vodka if you please, and let her remember the grand times she had when she was young. Let her live freely again for at least a night. This will make her feel young again and energized.
5. Is your Mom the perfect homemaker? Re-invent her kitchen! Find out her favorite color or cartoon character and have it painted on the oven, on the counters and on the dining table. Make sure to get the cooperation of everyone, and go to the extent of even decorating the kitchen with matching curtains, towels and ref magnets. Think of it as a mini kitchen party which she will remember each time she uses it (meaning everyday!).
6. Is your Mom a…gasp…smoker? I hope not, but if she is, you may want to think about buying her an electronic cigarette! They are being shown to have helped a TON of people quit smoking and look to be a real tool for harm reduction in the future. You can find the best electronic cigarette brands here.
All in all, those are just suggestions which may give your mom the perfect day she deserves. After all the sacrifices she has made for you, don’t you think she deserves to let her hair loose and feel carefree again? More important than any other gift though is the love and respect you can give her which no money can ever buy. So, what are you waiting for? Go, get that favorite son/daughter award now!!!